With the advent of computers, cybercrime and Internet frauds are increasing in frequency and in size. The trend is likely to continue. Cybercrimes are described as activities in which a computer or network of computers are an integral part of a crime.
For this assignment, research the Internet or Strayer databases and identify an organization that was a victim of cybercrime.
Write a 1200 Words paper in which you:
Based on your research, identify and assess the fraud that occurred in the organization, as well as the impact that the fraud had on the corporation’s investors and creditors.
1. Suggest how a financial forensic investigation could have detected fraud in the organization that you researched. Consider the risk factors, the elements of fraud, and the analysis of competing hypotheses.
2. Asses the economic losses that occurred at the organization you researched and recommend a plan of action for the company to restore any economic losses.
3. Compare and contrast accidental fraudsters and predators. Give your opinion on what type of fraudster(s) committed fraud at the organization you researched. Provide support for your rationale.
4. Evaluate how teamwork and leadership are effective tools for financial forensic investigations. Provide support for your evaluation.
5. Use at least six (6) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.