Coursework Assignment – Project Management Plan
Project Management Plan
Length: 2,250 words (maximum) + appendices for PMP.
Weighting: 40% of Module Marks
For your coursework assignment you should select and apply relevant project management tools, techniques and concepts in order to produce a project management plan for a project of your choice agreed with your module tutor.
In addition to a scan of relevant external forces which impact upon the project, you should include an analysis of the project’s scope, quality, time and costs as well as considering the management of communications, human resources, supply and risk within your project.
The structure of the plan is as follows and must be used for your submission:
1. Title of Project Plan, Student No. and Date.
2. Signed Plagiarism Statement:
“I declare that this is my own personal project management plan and reflective statement.”
3. Contents Page.
4. Summary of the Project.
5. Introduction: aims and objectives.
6. Project Plan Contents: based on your research of academic project management frameworks and your chosen project.
7. Recommendations & Conclusions: Any recommendations you think would improve your project plan.
Conclusions:Your analysis of the project plan contents that include your opinion of the facts.
8. Bibliography: Use Harvard referencing system – available from the UWL Library.
9. Appendices: Relevant supporting materials:
i. Project charter.
ii. Stakeholder register.
iii. Work breakdown structure.
iv. Responsibility matrix.
v. Schedule (Gantt chart)
vi. Cashflow (budget) statement.
vii. Technical plan.
viii. Communication & HR plan.
ix. Quality & Supply management plan.
x. Risk management plan.