- Dual Assessment of Data Quality in Customer Databases, Journal of Data and Information Quality (JDIQ), Volume 1 Issue 3, December 2009, Adir Even, G. Shankaranarayanan.
- Process-centered review of object oriented software development methodologies, ACM Computing Surveys (CSUR), Volume 40 Issue 1, February 2008, Raman Ramsin, and Richard F. Paige.
- A table that stores all the salespersons. The table holds their employee id, first name, last name and “Tours sold” field. The “Tours sold” field is updated manually.
- A table that stores tour customer data and tours sold. The table holds customer name, address, city, state, zip code, tour(s) selected, number of persons in tour, and total amount paid. The current structure will show the customer more than once, if the customer books multiple tours.
- A tour table that is used as a tour rate sheet which holds the tours offered and the cost per person. Tour rates vary every three (3) months depending on the tourist season.
Create a cost analysis, and develop a proposal for the company.
1. Write an 1500 words proposal in which you:
a. Recommend one (1) suitable network design.
b. Suggest one (1) network architecture.
c. Suggest LAN and Wireless LAN (WLAN) wiring considerations.
d. Recommend hardware options and costs.
e. Suggest security considerations for:
ii. Antivirus software
f. Recommend software options and costs.
g. Outline the labor costs, equipment costs, and service costs for your suggested design in table format.
h. Identify the single point of failure, and recommend potential mitigation strategies.
i. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Section 1 of your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
This assignment contains two (2) Sections: Network Consultation Proposal and Network
Consultation Presentation. You must submit both sections as separate files in order to complete this assignment.
The owners of DesignIT, who recently purchased 56’x36′ space for their expanding business, have asked you to place a bid on a consulting job. DesignIT is a graphic arts company that, up until now, had contracted work out to temporary design services. The new space will allow them to hire two (2) full time designers and a receptionist.
Description of space purchased:
- 4 Cubicles
- 1 Office
- 1 Server room
- 1 Reception desk
- 1 Conference room
Using the building layout, your role is to provide DesignIT with a network design that interconnects the following considerations:
DesignIT plans to relocate three (3) servers already configured as follows:
- 1 Web Server – Microsoft IIS Server
- 1 File Server – Microsoft Server 2008
- 1 Server – Server 2008 Small Business Server
DesignIT has requested that the design include the following:
- High speed Internet access
- Antivirus / malware protection
- Six (6) computers
- Three (3) color laser printers
- Wireless access for portable devices
DesignIT has requested the consideration of all interconnected devices and wiring, along with speeds, for best performance.