Question 1: After listening to the interview with Stephen B. Bright, The quality of a legal defense: Does it matter if you’re rich or poor?, please respond to the following:
- How does geographic location play a role in the quality of representation provided by the public defender?
- How does the overburdened public defense system in many areas contribute to issues of wrongful conviction?
- Contrast the legal representation described by Bright to the level of representation available to white-collar, corporate, and environmental crimes.
- This discussion highlights two issues – wrongful conviction and the overburdened public defender system. How can these problems be solved?
- In your opinion, what have been among the main outcomes of the War on Drugs?
- How close has it come to its original goals of reducing drug use and punishing drug suppliers?
- How has this “war” impacted African-American males?
- How has this “war” impacted immigration policy?
- How will this “war” end?