- Dual Assessment of Data Quality in Customer Databases, Journal of Data and Information Quality (JDIQ), Volume 1 Issue 3, December 2009, Adir Even, G. Shankaranarayanan.
- Process-centered review of object oriented software development methodologies, ACM Computing Surveys (CSUR), Volume 40 Issue 1, February 2008, Raman Ramsin, and Richard F. Paige.
- A table that stores all the salespersons. The table holds their employee id, first name, last name and “Tours sold” field. The “Tours sold” field is updated manually.
- A table that stores tour customer data and tours sold. The table holds customer name, address, city, state, zip code, tour(s) selected, number of persons in tour, and total amount paid. The current structure will show the customer more than once, if the customer books multiple tours.
- A tour table that is used as a tour rate sheet which holds the tours offered and the cost per person. Tour rates vary every three (3) months depending on the tourist season.
ORDER THIS PAPER NOW
HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT 4
Chapter 15 – Problem 9
Sycamore Plastics (SP) is a manufacturer of polyethylene plastic pellets used as a raw material by manufacturers of plastic goods around the U.S. SP currently operate four manufacturing centers in Philadelphia, PA; Atlanta, GA; St. Louis, MO; and Salt Lake City, UT. The plants have different capacities and production costs as indicated in the table below:
Maximum Capacity Production Costs
PLANT (x 100,000 lbs.) (per 1,000 lbs)
Philadelphia 7.5 $325.00
Atlanta 9.0 $275.00
St. Louis 12.0 $305.00
Salt Lake City 10.3 $250.00
Managerial Accounting Chapter 1
E1-5 Gala Company is a manufacturer of laptop computers. Various costs and expenses associated with its operations are as follows.
- Property taxes on factory building.
- Production superintendents’ salaries.
- Memory boards and chips used in assembling computers.
- Depreciation on the factory equipment.
- Salaries for assembly-line quality control inspectors.
- Sales commissions paid to sell laptop computers.
- Electrical components used in assembling computers.
- Wages of workers assembling laptop computers.
- Soldering materials used on factory assembly lines.
- Salaries for the night security guards for the factory building.
The company intends to classify these costs and expenses into the following categories: (a) direct materials, (b) direct labor, (c) manufacturing overhead, and (d) period costs.
List the items (1) through (10). For each item, indicate the cost category which it belongs to.
MORE MANAGERIAL ACCOUNTING QUESTIONS
Imagine you are a criminologist. Select one of the following crimes: school violence, robbery, murder, driving under the influence (DUI), or retail theft (shoplifting).
Create a 700 words report in a Microsoft Word document that includes the responses to the following:
- Describe an existing theory (or create your own theory) of crime causation explaining why your selected crime occurs.
- Explain why your selected theory explains the criminal activity. Does it explain all occurrences of this crime? Why or why not?
- Explain how you would empirically test your selected criminological theory to see if the theory proved correct. Provide a detailed account for your testing method.
- Describe the steps you can take, or program you can create, to address the causes behind the criminal activity and reduce its occurrence.
Support your responses with examples.
Cite any sources in APA format.